Get Gritty with Graves - We're Hiring!
Our firm has been in business for over 25+ years and has many long-time employees.
We believe in developing architectural leaders and helping each employee reach their full potential. We work with longtime clients that appreciate our casual (yet professional) work environment.
Our headquarters sits on Point Ruston with sweeping views of the bay and easy access to restaurants, parking, and transit.
Ok, real-world time. Yes, we work hard. Yes, we strive to be the best. And yes, not every day starts at 8am and ends at 5pm. But we love what we do and we do it better and with more fun than the rest.
Working at Graves + Associates is fulfilling. It's passionate. We work with tenacity and without ego.
Oh, and we like to wear jeans and drink beer. A lot.
View our open positions below.
Open Positions in Tacoma
AUTOCAD & REVIT PRODUCTION TECHNICIAN
AUTOCAD AND REVIT PRODUCTION
Our established architecture firm in the Tacoma area is currently seeking an experienced AutoCAD and Revit technician. This person will be responsible for the production/drafting of the working documents under the direction of the Project Architect and/or the Project Manager. This person will be able to understand building systems and drafting concepts such that they can produce building plans, sections, elevations and details with guidance from others on the project team. This person should be aware of building codes and building systems enough to ask questions of others on the team. This person should be capable of learning how to understand various building types and should advance their ability to the point that they understand all the components necessary for a full Working Document Set. Field Experience in the construction industry is extremely desirable.
- Demonstrate proficiency with CAD and REVIT, including the ability to draft Working Documents, plot Documents, produce interim review sets and individual sheets or singular details.
- Understand building systems enough to accurately draw building sections with minimal support. This person should be aware of and develop the skill to reference and include elements from other consultant drawings as appropriate.
- Understand building systems enough to accurately apply existing details to known conditions for review by others
- Understand building systems enough to accurately draw or revise building details pursuant to one redline review by others
- Demonstrate knowledge of and ability to draft accurate and coordinated window and door schedules
- Demonstrated experience with Varying Project Types
- Ability and desire to quickly learn new technologies and concepts
- Field Experience in the construction industry is not required but extremely desirable
The ideal candidate will have creative talent, rendering/modeling capabilities, and technical experience with construction documents for permit submittal and municipal approvals. Candidates must have solid understanding of the big picture: client care, maintaining good relationships with clients and all team members, giving best effort, honesty and integrity in all aspects.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLY:
Please respond with a cover letter, resume, and samples of work using AutoCAD and Revit in PDF Format. IN ORDER FOR YOUR RESUME TO BE CONSIDERED, PLEASE INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION:
1. Available start date and amount of notice you must give to your current employer, if applicable.
2. Three references.
3. Please indicate if we may contact your current/most recent employer for a reference.
Job Type: Full-time
ARCHITECTURAL PROJECT MANAGER
Join a team that excels at designing for the future. We are progressive thought-leaders looking to add to our growing Tacoma firm. We are looking for a creative team member who is interested in designing to better our community for future generations. This person should have exceptional attention to detail and able to coordinate multiple projects at once while overseeing all aspects of the design and construction process of a project.
We specialize in private-sector projects. A solid applicant would have 3-5 years of experience procuring construction bids, selecting contracts, and negotiating bids. This role would have direct communication with the client and the project team and be able to manage timelines and budgets throughout the length of a project.
Experience with production is a requirement. Working knowledge of mid-rise construction systems is also required for this position as is CAD or REVIT document production experience with non-combustible construction.
Training will be provided to advance and integrate selected candidate into small firm team structure and specialized project delivery approach. Architectural degree preferred but not mandatory.
Our firm has been in business for over 25+ years and has many long-time employees. We believe in developing architectural leaders and helping each employee grow into their role. We work with longtime clients that appreciate our casual (yet professional) work environment. Our headquarters sits on Point Ruston with sweeping views of the bay and easy access to restaurants, parking, and transit.
As we receive many resumes, in order for yours to be considered, please be sure to include the following elements:
Please respond with a cover letter, resume, and samples of work.
- Cover letter detailing your interest and experience, resume and examples of work.
- Three references.
- Please indicate if we may contact your current/most recent employer for a reference.
Job Type: Full-time